Monday, February 27, 2006

 

Movie Review: The Pink Panther

Raw is Pre-Empted

Well not really, but I forgot that TSN here in Canada is too wrapped up in the Scots Tournament of Hearts. Yes, sadly womens curling is more important to Canadian sports executives then WWE Raw. I don't really feel like watching a pre-taped show and doing a detailed review of it. HOWEVER, I don't want to leave this space empty so here is a c/p of my thoughts on Steve Martin's Pink Panther that I wrote at OS.

I went to see the Pink Panther. Martin's portrayal of Closeau is obviously a bit different from Sellers'. Martin's Closeau is a bit smarter then Sellers'. Sellers would be bumbling all around and just by sheer accident he solves the case. In this flick Martin seems to know EXACTLY what he's doing, abelt doing it rather poorly.

There are some great jokes in the movie tho. I put it below Sellers' PP films but rank it higher then the three knockoff since Sellers' death. I really liked the accent coach scene in which Martin tries to pronounce "hamburger" properly. That scene seems like an homage to Sellers as that was the kind of thing Sellers did wonders with.

Overall, i'd rank this movie an 8 but if i'm comparing it to the other PP films I give it a 6.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?