Thursday, March 02, 2006

 

24: The Game

This is not the most revolutionary game. It's basically an MGS and Splinter Cell clone. The controls are definitely a bit touchy but still.....


THIS GAME IS GOOD!!!!


You would think the first two things I said would mean the game isn't so hot but au contraire my friends. This is one of the most immersive games i've played in a long time. I don't usually buy non sports games because quite frankly I suck at them. I do rent them sometimes and i'm very glad i've rented this one. 2K and their partners in developing this game should be commended for a very good job.

This game has everything a 24 fan could want. The presentation is just perfect as it truly feels like you're in the world of Jack Bauer. I believe all the characters you'd want are in this game and you get to do missions with them. Right now i'm in the 1:00 PM hour and i'm playing Jack's daughter Kim who's supposed to stealthily retrieve a disk. Sadly i'm having a little trouble LOL!

This game is helped by having the actual cast voice act for the game and the writing is straight out of the TV series as one of the writers wrote the storyline to the game. The in-game graphics are pretty good but what really knocks my socks off are the graphics in the storyline scenes. There are times when you can barely tell that it's a video game. There is a scene when one CTU agent is being picked up by a hellicopter and damn if I didn't think that was real!

Even tho those graphics are top notch there are times where it breaks down and looks clunky but for the most part it maintains the great quality.

This game is fun and highly addictive and i'd recommend it to anybody, not just 24 fans. I wish more games had the kind of immersion and intelligent writing like this as it would surely draw me into non sports games.

Overall I give this game an 8/10

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?