Wednesday, March 29, 2006

 

I just love youtube!

I swear this has got to be one of the great things to ever come out on the internet. Yesterday I was bored and lo and behold I find 3 episodes of an '80s sitcom that I haven't seen in years. That sitcom is Perfect Strangers. That show was one of my favourites as a kid.

The plot is very simple and is one of the reasons why I think it was so successful as a series. I mean how can people NOT connect to a show that features a culture clash that PS had. You had Larry Appleton (Mark Linn-Baker) who was a high strung, cynical boob and Balkhi (Bronson Pinchot) his long lost cousin from the fictional island nation of Mypos who was kind, gentle, and a bit naive.

The great part of the show was the physical comedy. It was almost a Laurel and Hardy for the '80s. You'd see Larry going nuts and Balkhi trying to calm him down to no avail. I loved the adventures those two had. In fact, if the series was created a few years earlier I bet you dollars to donuts that there would've been a cartoon spinoff as well.

Anyways Youtube is so great cuz I got to see the pilot episode and one of the classic episodes of that series. I wonder why this show hasn't been put on DVD. It would be a pretty good seller.

On the negative side tho, Perfect Strangers gave way to their own spin off Family Matters. In fact late in PS' run there was a crossover episode with Urkel!

Every so often I look around youtube hoping to find a gem and i'm glad I found that little gem the other day. Now all we need is sportube. You know a site with full sporting events LOL....Not likely to happen tho.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?