Sunday, March 26, 2006

 

NFL Europe = snooze

So last night I was bored so I decided to watch the Rhein Fire vs. Berlin Thunder in NFLE action. I wanted to see how well Drew Henson and especially Timmy Chang were doing. I don't know if it's the weather conditions or what but that was some of the most sloppy and unprofessional football i've seen in a LOOONG time.

I haven't watched an NFLE game in its entirety since it's original incarnation as the World League of American Football and I must say the overall level of play has gone down tremendously. I know this league has produced some good NFL'ers but I have to disagree with a poster from OS saying that this league's skill level is between college and pro level. It seemed there was either a penalty flag or injury every 2-3 plays for goodness sakes!

I know that the NFL has a somewhat working relationship with the CFL and I know the rules are a bit different but I really think that the NFL "minor leagues" as it were should be in North America with the CFL or even the AFL. At least with those leagues there are actual, you know FANS! In fact, the NFLE has been such a disappointment that all the teams (except one) are located in Germany. I guess the league should be renamed the Reich Football League LOL!

Anywho, watching the game I have to say Drew Henson is improving by leaps and bounds. He's shown great poise in the pocket, good arm strength and strong decision making abilities. That is definitely a step up from his limited time in Dallas.

Timmy Chang looked a lot better then week one as he looked more comfortable in the pocket and taking snaps from under center. He also has the ability to step up in the pocket and make strong passes.

I also liked one of the RBs for the Rhein club. His name is Frederick Jackson and he's a Bills alocated player. He has good legs and great vision. The same can be said for the other RB who's a TB Bucs property as he had great legs and strength to go with it.

Oh and one last note on this game. I sure as hell hope Rich Eisen won't call games on NFL Network next NFL season. He was just brutal and quite frankly sounded bored, then again i'd be bored calling an NFLE game. At least Rod Woodson provided good commentary and explained things well.

I also watched some of the Hamburg/Frankfurt game. There's a guy from the Frankfurt team who's allocated by the Cardinals and is a RB. His name is Roger Robinson and damn did he run all over the Hamburg defense. The man had 98 yards after one quarter of play for goodness sakes!

Oh and Brock Berlin sucks monkey balls. :)

Comments:
I forgot this league even existed!!! LOL
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?