Wednesday, April 12, 2006

 

My favourite sports uniforms of all time: MLB edition

So tonight I was reading OS and there was a thread about the Mets uniform. This inspired me to post my top 3 fave uniforms in major league sports.

Tonight, we'll start with MLB:



Houston Astros' rainbow uniforms were pretty "spacey agey" for the time. Today it's a bad 70s acid trip. I actually like the uniform, maybe it's the interesting use of colours that you don't usually see used well in MLB uniforms






The Toronto Blue Jays powder blues really impressed me as a kid. My fave colour is blue so I guess it's natural. Baseball in the '70s and '80s was just so damn colourful and FUN. I wish we would see the use of brighter colours or interesting designs like we did back then.



The Pittsburgh Pirates of the late '70s seemed to have a million different uniform combos. They were the Mets before the Mets fell in love with black and using tons of alternates. It seems I like gaudy uniforms but you'll see that i'm a traditionalist with the other sports. I'm not a total fruit loop for the bright colours.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?