Thursday, October 12, 2006

 

Something I Noticed about G.W. Bush

Well this was supposed to be up last night but the sudden death of Yankee pitcher Cory Lidle and the whole surrealism of what happened was a bit much for me.

Anywho, this won't be some longwinded opinion piece but rather something that I noticed while watching a bit of President Bush's Press Conference yesterday. I remember back in 2000 the networks had shown some clips of Bush's debate performances in the gubernatorial races for Texas Governor and Bush was actually a very well spoken and knowledgable guy. Somehow over the course of the last 6 or so years Bush has become increasingly "dumbed down".

Now I understand why this was done as Bush was re-invented for the national audience as a man of the people but over the years his malpropisms, general befuddlement in certain situations and his Black/White philosophy to life has made him look well, pretty stupid and out of his element.

As I watched the presser yesterday it finally clicked for me. George W. Bush is not truly in charge of everything in the White House. He has relied far too heavily on those he trusts. In many ways he's been betrayed by them. I mean, it's crazy how people within the administration and people associated with the admin. have made all kinds of money in defense contracts and other such things in Iraq while America is in a quagmire.

Anywho, I think it's clear that the Bush of the late 90s was more manufactured but I truly think it's distressing that the leader of the Free World is a bumbling, befuddled kind of guy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?